Processor Upgrade Question

JoeBro

Baseband Member
Can you upgrade a Celeron processor, to a Pentium, or even a Core? Because I have a lame Intel Celeron 2.5 GHz Processor, and it plays games like C&C Generals pretty slow. If I can upgrade my processor, what processor would you recommend that could play Unreal Tournament 3 or C&C3? (fast at that) :confused:

A few other things: I have 248mb DDR RAM, and a Intel 82845G Graphics Controller. I bet this is a major factor is slowing down the game, but still...

My Model Number: PC182A-ABA SR1103WM NA430

I planning to upgrade my video card and RAM too. I already know how much RAM I need, but do you know any video cards that are compatible with my computer? (...that could run UT3 or C&C3 nicely?)

The ram is terrible, to be honest. You cant even THINK about playing games like UT3. Upgrade your Ram&Video card FIRST.

we need to know what motherboard you have before we can tell you if it's compatible.

The ram is terrible, to be honest. You cant even THINK about playing games like UT3. Upgrade your Ram&Video card FIRST.

we need to know what motherboard you have before we can tell you if it's compatible.
I KNOW my RAM and video card sucks, that's why I'm gonna upgrade it. :D Still need some suggestions of what I should upgrade it to... :confused:

As for the motherboard and any other info you need, go to

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/66988

broken link please try aqnother one its most likely a socket 478 so id say either upgrade ram and get aq new pci ard or get a new build all the way around man.

Back
Top Bottom