The better video card setup

willtheshdow

Solid State Member
Out of these two video setups, which is more powerful

1 of these MSI R4870X2-T2D2G-OC Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported

or two of these crossfired POWERCOLOR AX3870X21GBD4PH Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR4 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire

I dont care if its more complicated or expensive I just want the setup That I can get more out of.

Reasons please. Thanks to all

edit:also I have heard that the msi card is loaud and runs real hot, which bothers me cause im overclocking. does this matter?

edit:leaning toward the single card solution,

The single HD 4870 X2 is faster. Not only is a single RV770 much faster than a single RV670. CF is going to scale a lot better with two GPUs than with four.

All the HD 4870 X2's are reference designs at the moment so you're stuck with it.

as I said before, the 4870x2 hands down, an added bonus to it being the more powerful setup is the fact that it is a much easier setup as well, a proverbial win, win situation...

the 4870 will most definitely not perform to it's potential in your setup though, as you won't have a high end core2quad to pair with it...

Ok, many thanks to both of you. I bought the single.

Wolvarine, I bought the amd phenom 9950 black. Do you have a bad opinion on this cpu?

Back
Top Bottom