Laptop Heat??

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I brought an ASUS laptop about 2-3 months ago, and the power cord broke. ASUS wouldn't cover it....long story short I got a universal power cord from a computer store. I've been using it the last couple of days and I don't know if it's just me but it feels like the laptop is hotter when on my lap. Is this possible from a universal cable?? It charges and powers properly, just seems it's a bit hotter than normal. Checked EVEREST and the CPU is running around 55-60c, hdd at 30c. Am I being paranoid??

Thanks,

Matt

it's possible that it's charging the battery faster than the old cable.

Laptops are designed to run hot, 50-60C for the processor while running applications or games is ok. But you might want to invest in a laptop cooler with fans that goes under the laptop. That will help cool your laptop and lower the CPU temp some. Don't worry about the aftermarket charger. The power coming from your wall to your system goes to your battery. The system will regulate how much voltage it gets and wont be affected by any adnormalities that may come into play from the charger. The worst that could happen is the charger smokes and dies, but your laptop should be ok.

Thanks for the reply, i'm more reassured now! I will look into those coolers definately.

Thanks,

Matt

Back
Top Bottom