Best hard drive manufacturer?

i like WD, very good product.
But i use a Seagate, because of a trade.
i think the rest are WD, and one Samsung.

I've had Maxor, Seagate, and Western Digital drives that were all fine. The only exception is my Raptor that died after about a year, but that may be because I didn't let enough air get to it, those things run hot.

well ive had loads of seagate disks and none of them have failed on me yet ,all of the drives in my current rig are seagate in fact i have a few ide drives in my rig for storage that are from a build or two back im getting inclined to replace them with a big sata disk but im not sure yet

my parents dell also has a samsung i have had no issue with and it is pretty fast but it can be a tad loud at times but i suppose its worth it

as for western digital i had a drive of theres that was DOA i wanted to trey them see if they where any good and i must have been unlucky cos i got a DOA one so i took it back for a seagate ive also had a DOA maxtor that i bought to fix someone elses comp but that was before they where bought by seagate

Western Digital. They are the quietest moving things in my case, fast, and have had none of a reasonable age quit on me.

Seagate is a good brand too, but I hate that all out of the box brand new hard drives from them I have dealt with are loud for being so new... Maybe after a couple years of use I could live with the loudness, but not brand new hard drives... Haven't seen any newer Seagates die yet, but my brother had 1 in his old eMachines system 200GB SATA only 2 years old and it was slow as crap and really annoyingly loud... I'm guessing it may have been a bad one in the batch.

I have a Toshiba in my notebook that I've had 3 years. 4500RPM, so not really fast, but decent when new. Now it's pretty slow, so I just ordered a new Western Digital for it.

Brand new, the only brand I will buy is Western Digital.

The best for me has been Hitachi, going 3 years strong with my 250 Hitachi Deskstar. I just bought a 500GB HDD from Western Digital this year, only time will tell how well it fares.

Back
Top Bottom