Need opinion on this PC I'm building

buso23

Baseband Member
I am particularly unsure if the motherboard is good enough for this system. I'm gonna be using it for graphics.

MB:Asus P5Q

Processor: iPentium Q 6600 CORE 2 QUAD 2.40G 8M 1066

Graphic card: Envidia 9600GT

2x2 GB of RAM

Should I get another motherboard or this one is good enough fro this system and for graphics ? I do not intend to overclock it or something.

Any other suggestions or recommendations ?

Thanks in advance, Ljupco

Make sure you get a good quality PSU and maybe an aftermarket CPU cooler to maximize life of your Q6600 if you don't want upgrade anytime in the next 3 years.

edit: Don't buy any RAM faster than 677MHz, you won't use all of it.

Make sure you get a good quality PSU and maybe an aftermarket CPU cooler to maximize life of your Q6600 if you don't want upgrade anytime in the next 3 years.

edit: Don't buy any RAM faster than 677MHz, you won't use all of it.

Thanks for the suggestions, but what's a PSU ? Is the additional CPU cooler a must ?

psu would be the powersupple and the cooler is optional. whatever you want.

500 watts is more than enough, that system may pull in around 350 Watts to 400 watts maximum. If you upgrade your graphics to the 9800GT or better than you may need a 600 Watt PSU just to be on the safe side. But what brand and model is the 500 Watts, some companies make awesome PSU's and some dont. And the system look great for what you will be doing, with good cooling and a reliable PSU your computer will last for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom