Google Release Web Browser

I just downloaded Chrome as well, looks very nice. I like how when you open it it shows sites that you visit most often. I'll give it a try for a while.

It's quick too.....

I don't even see how that is enforceable, I mean if you upload to a site are you also uploading to googles server at the same time? How do they even get a copy to claim the irrevovable wordwide copyright?

also somethings that I could upload I might not own the rights to give away, this would include uploading something that I had copied from elsewhere, or it might include work, If and when I've done freelance work online it's always had to be me making work and selling that work and associated rights to the person who buys the work, google are not involved. the same as if I upload work from my job the work there is the property of my employer, I again don't have the right to give that to google, so how would they ever claim it to be theres?

Been trying the Chrome beta for a bit now. It's not bad. I especially like how each tab is it's own process. Looks cluttered on the Task Manager, but it's so much easier to just close tabs instead of having the close the whole browser. Very handy if you get rick rolled by some dickhead.

EDIT>>> Not a big fan of the name though. What kind of name is Chrome? Google should have fun and just make something funny sounding like "Google Interwebs Browser" or something.

Whoa, who said I was a fanboy? I use IE and FF interchangeably, and use Opera on occasion.

All I'm trying to say is, Google is going to have to offer more if they want a successful browser that will actually draw users to switch to Chrome. 98% of users could care less about tabs running separate processes.

I can't download it. When I accept the terms and conditions (click Agree and Download or whatever), the loading icon (swirly circle) just stays there and nothing happens. Can someone provide a mirror? How big is the file anyway? [dialu]

Back
Top Bottom