Driver update issue, HELP!

MAYHEM

Solid State Member
So i just put a ATi RADEON 9200 SE 128.0 MB video card in my desktop but i'm having a really hard time installing the drivers, the drivers are outdated and i can't find a way to update it. If I go to the ATi site it detects viruses, any advices guys?

AVG Detects a Trojan Horse Startpage.CZA on open for some reason.

Any idea why this happens?

I have no idea why it comes up as a trojan. Will it let you install it? I think you are pretty safe from it being an actual trojan as the driver is from ATI's website.

No, it won't let me install it, AVG automatically deletes the file.
I tried a few different drivers from different websites and it gave me a few trojans, I ran AVG and Ad Aware before I went to bed at like 6am, and when I woke up AVG found and deleted 3 viruses, and ad aware found a trojan uploader that it deleted also. When I restarted my computer it gave me 2 error messages or whatever, so I'm running AVG, Ad Aware, and spybot again.

Ok this is what I got, I ran AVG again and it came out clean, Ad Aware detected "Win 32.TrojanDownloader Malware" i clicked on Quarantine because when I ran it before it found the same thing, but i click on remove but I guess it didn't remove it.

Ahhhh now I'm having another problem, when I restart my computer or whatever, once it gets to the desktop it gives me this error message:
Windows Internet Explorer "Cannot find 'file:///C:/WINDOWS/privacy_danger/index/htm'. Make sure the path or internet address is correct.
Also the desktop picture got deleted somehow, it's completely white I can't right click on it, if I go to display properties and try to pick another picture it also gives me that error message.

Don't quarantine it, don't delete it, ignore it. Let the drivers install normally and don't listen to a thing AVG or Ad-ware is saying. Drivers from AMD's website will not contain trojans.

Back
Top Bottom