Laptop keeps cutting off

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ive realized lately that my laptop keep cutting off on me... its not that its getting to hot because i feel it when it does cut off and i also have a cooling fan pad underneath it... all i know is the fans run high and then after a few minutes it cuts off

try taking out the battery and using just the ac power and see if it still gets that hot and cuts off to rule out battery problems. Also, how old is this laptop?

ive had the laptop a few years so its had some wear on it but it didnt start acting up until recently...

Is the laptops CPU fan working properly? You should be able to feel the airflow freely. If is seems weak and you can't really feel the air coming out, then your CPU could be overheating and you need to clean that fan out.

thats just it i just cleaned out the fans and everything on there... thats why im so confused about it right now...

have you tried it on AC power? also is the fan working right can you tell? and have you made any changes recently to RAM or HDD?

i upgraded the RAM about 6 months back but the turning off and over heating started just recently so i dont think its that... and right now im on ac power, its doing better but the fan still kicks into high gear every like 5 mins and stays on for about 2 minutes or more... that the only way im able to tell the fan is working right, it knows its high and low gears...

wow maybe a power problem IDK you haven't been rough or dropped it have you?

no thats just it... ive been extremely careful with it because i dont have the money right now to buy a new one...

Back
Top Bottom