Google Release Web Browser

It will likely be way better than it looks now when it finally releases in non beta form which knowing google could be years

I downloaded Chrome a few minutes ago. I think its very nice, especially the clean and simple look it has. I'm gonna test drive this browser for awhile, it still has alot of impressing to do in order to get me to switch from FF.

Yup. I just hope the incognito mode WORKS ;)

Trust me man, it does ;)

Google's take on the browser: http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html

It was easy to predict that the browser wouldn't succeed at first launch. Give it time, Google (obviously) has the money to continue fixing this up.

Google don't care if this thing is a 'flop', they've even said that themselves, what they're trying to do is evolve the web, which is why they've made the entire project open source, so other browsers such as Firefox can take these ideas and run with them. It's to Googles advantage to keep the web evolving, they're a web based company after all, and they want to push web applications to their limits. This all makes perfect sense.

...this is ridiculous. A sad attempt to join in on the browser wars. From what I see, this browser offers no new features, just the same old same old ideas taken from other browsers.

Not to mention, looks pretty ugly...

It offers alot of new features actually, and has a spell checker build in :p

Someone else just told me about this.

Pros:
+ Nice interface
+ Starts VERY fast

Cons:
+ Fairly slow
+ Poor download manager
+ No titlebar
+ Horrible installation

Then again this isn't even v1. I did a webwait.com test between ie8beta2, ff3, and gc, and ie8 won them all, while ff3 came next and gc was last. Maybe it will be better in the future.

Speed doesn't always mean everything, the download manager is wicked. I like the way they have no titlebar because it gives more room to display the web page. Cool eh ?

Also, there is nothing wrong with the installation program, I have seen worse / more annoying ones.

What crapware gets installed with it??

knowing Google and its Toolbar/desktop search crapware i'd be very surprised if there is none.

A new process thread per tab has the advantage of not closing the whole browser if problems are encountered I suppose but from first impressions of other people I can't see myself rushing to install this.

No crapwear here! :)

ya...its ok....it loads fast as hell, and the intergrated google search in the address bar.

im a keep it...but FF is still better so far

im having some bugs with my mouse...but its hella fast

Back
Top Bottom