Google Release Web Browser

...this is ridiculous. A sad attempt to join in on the browser wars. From what I see, this browser offers no new features, just the same old same old ideas taken from other browsers.

Not to mention, looks pretty ugly...

yep, its and ugly duckling and I'm sticking with firefox.

What crapware gets installed with it??

knowing Google and its Toolbar/desktop search crapware i'd be very surprised if there is none.

A new process thread per tab has the advantage of not closing the whole browser if problems are encountered I suppose but from first impressions of other people I can't see myself rushing to install this.

They completely just copied other browsers, and from what I can see there is nothing innovative about this.

i dont see any similarities between the two screenshots you posted aside from there being a yellow star in both thats is
well the way it works by having everything under different processes is innovative IMO and could be the solotuion to a lot of problems that a lot of users experience
i will admit the ui isn't wonderful but then again on another hand it is simplistic which i can really see working for some people
and this is only their first releaseand its understandable everything is not 100% perfect , just like not everything was right after firefox's first release

i think you just need to stop being such a Firefox fanboy to realise this signifys something more than just Google trying to get in on the browser war

You can't really call having a bookmark feature a copy of other browsers. With your logic, Firefox stole the bookmark system from IE.

I thought they stole it from netscape. but anyway every browser has a bookmark feature but I have to admit the way bookmarking is in chrome is strikingly similar to that of firefox 3

There are things under the hood that are great. Take V8. That makes Javascript a good deal faster. There are other things, but I am too lazy to look them up. I have a bad memory. I also think the simplicity of it is pretty cool.

meh...saw it...wasent interested

but like everything...ill give it a try when it comes out

bet money that im stickin with FF3

Keep in mind, this is built from scratch. Firefox and other browsers were all based off Mozilla.

tru...and googles Android thing does look interesting

but this dosent look to good...but i could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom