I'm looking for some helpers, are you looking for something to do??

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
Hi guys, I'm looking to re-open a site I begun designing earlier in the year, built around web design, structure, etc. It's aimed to help new-web masters get into the very rewarding line of work.

As a result of this I'd like some people to possibly lend me a hand in the running of the site.

I need to finish the work on the design and such, so replies to this post will become a declaration of your interest, and I'll get back to you really soon.

The positions I have available will be along these kind of lines:
+ A News editor & Web journalists who will be given accounts on our content management system (writing both news and tutorial articles our tutorials are about setting up sites and how to get more out of your internet experience) be given accounts on our content management system
+ Forum moderators and administrators

Experience is preferred but not necessarily required as this is only the grass roots of the project, all I ask is your willing to act responsible around the site, that you've something positive to contribute and that your happy to become a part of a working team. Anyone who is interested should reply and I'll post an update here within the week.

I can do SOME PHP programming, And I would be willing to write some tutorials... I have programmed some websites, And i've written some PHP tutorials - But my tutorial writing need not be limited to PHP.

That's great JO3, so i'm thinking tutorial writing and maybe a couple PHP web templates perhaps? I wouldn't want to push you too hard. But you sound very competent.

Any others?

What do you mean by "Web Templates"?

Im not so good on the design side - I could write a few PHP functions, mind you.

Do you have MSN messenger, Or any othr Chat Client we could talk on?

We could make a Channel on my IRC server in which we could discuss this.. If you wanted to? :)

i wouldn't mind writing journals, news, tutorials etc.
just wondering how much of my time would be needed weekly?

Lukaszr - You can contribute as much or as little of your time as you like. The more you can help out the better obviously, but I don't know, maybe a tutorial a week, and a couple news articles. More if you can, but less if you can't. Its entirely up to you.

JO3. I meant maybe if you built some blank templates to put on the site which could be downloaded by the user and they could make their sites using the templates, but if that's too much then tutorials would still be a massively helpful contribution. I'm going to handle the design of our site, and I'll release a BETA by the end of the week.

well then i would like to help you out. just pm or email with what i am to do :). I do no promise a lot of my time...but i will be able to do as much as i can :). i am in school, and i do work...so i will do whatever i can on my spare time :)

That's great Lukaszr I understand you've got commitments elsewhere, but the fact that you're going to contribute at all is super.

Anyone else want to help out?

so what do i need to do :S...where is the website? like am i just going to get a pm or something?

Yea when I get it all set-up, I'll PM you, JO3 and anyone else who says they want to contribute and we'll run it from there.

Back
Top Bottom