Car Thread!

I think the RX-8's Renesis has better mileage than the older rotaries in the RX-7's, but not sure.

My E36 gets roughly 16-18 mpg. 20 if I'm lucky.

Then again I do have an older E36 with an automatic gearbox, so not too surprised. My OBDI M50 engine doesn't have VANOS, which is essentially valve timing technology (think of Mitsubishi's MIVEC, Toyota's VVT or Honda's VTEC). The OBDII engines had VANOS which kicked in at roughly 3000 rpm, but all the newer BMW's have a seamless VANOS integrated into their engines where the ECU calculates how hard you're throttling etc to steadily increase the valve timing.

What year is he looking to buy?

I think he would probably be getting like an 05 or 06.

I think the RX-8's Renesis has better mileage than the older rotaries in the RX-7's, but not sure.

Yeah, Mazda redesigned the engine ports in the Renesis, but even the Renesis gets roughly 20+ mpg.

I think he would probably be getting like an 05 or 06.

Oh okay, that's fine. The newer BMW's all have pretty decent mileage. Of course it always depends what model he gets, engine displacement, driving style etc.

If you want an RX but don't want severe maintenance pain, get a RX-8. No one fixes those old rotaries any more.

The orange color is what got the attention from me, I thought it was a riced out focus but I looked closer and it looked different. I actually liked the whole look projector HID's agressive but cleanlooking bodykit. 225hp with a turboed volvo engine with a few mods to the turbo you coukd make this car go a lot faster, and I think there is a RWD version of it. The US focus looks like shiet no offence, wtf with the US designs there retarded.

US
fcs08_pg_200_ext_lg.jpg

Mexico
5Big.jpg

Mexican design looks so much better. WTF is US Ford thinking lol.

The Mexican design is either the same or pretty simillar to what we have over in the uk and its really grown on me , i didnt like it at first was a big fan of the old focus look but now the front of the new one is really nice and well the back i can deal with i guess
its like the mondeo as well though over here our mondeo looks like this
ford-mondeo-new-2-big.jpg

and you dont get a mondeo , the closest counterpart is this
Ford-Fusion-SEL.jpg

on another note someone crashed into my parents car , only minor damage but they still decided to claim the damage off the insurance and so we got the hire car today and its a Mitsubishi grandis
photo.jpg

i just went for a ride in it with my dad now and tbh its not brilliant but it will do for the time being

The Mexican ST is identical to the one overseas I believe, except you sit on the left. US one is crap but like I keep telling you guys I'm fairly confident in 3 years we will be getting none other than the European Mk3 Focus, or at least something on the C1 chassis instead of the 10 year old C130 chassis.

The Mexican ST is identical to the one overseas I believe, except you sit on the left. US one is crap but like I keep telling you guys I'm fairly confident in 3 years we will be getting none other than the European Mk3 Focus, or at least something on the C1 chassis instead of the 10 year old C130 chassis.

i wasnt entirely sure if it was identical , but yer we sit on a diff side otherwise no diff ,i dont see why they cant just sell the same focus they sell in mexico and the UK in the USA too its a pretty car

The Mexican design is either the same or pretty simillar to what we have over in the uk and its really grown on me , i didnt like it at first was a big fan of the old focus look but now the front of the new one is really nice and well the back i can deal with i guess
its like the mondeo as well though over here our mondeo looks like this

and you dont get a mondeo , the closest counterpart is this

I think its pretty much the same thing, I like the lines of the Mexican and European models. Actually Ford Mexico also sells the Mondeo.

According from what I read at ford mexico and the specs Jeremy clarkson said there pretty much the same car except left hand steering wheel.

He wants me to come with to the dealership too I think. Gonna be fun. He even mentioned a Porche Boxster, but said they were too small for him.... All beamers are RWD or 4wd right?

Back
Top Bottom