Which is the faster RAM?

The DDR2 800 with 5-5-5-15 timings is the fastest overall of the two. While it may slightly lack in timings, it makes up for that difference in overall operating speed.

Well if it depends on the motherboard and CPU my laptop has an Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T7300 running at 2 Ghz with a 4 meg cache.

I'm not sure how to ID the motherboard itself, wouldn't they all vary depending on laptop build? I know it has an Intel PM965 chipset, other then that I'm not sure what to tell you about it.

i think that since its Intel C2D, its a very high chance that it can only handle 667mhz of speed, so getting the 800mhz would be worthless.
i think CPU-Z might tell what motherboard you have, i dont really know much about laptops.
kinda wish my laptop can go up to 4gb, but i think it only goes up to 3gb.

Are laptop C2D's dual or quad pumped? If it's quad you can only use 400MHz RAM, anything over will be bottlenecked. If it's dual, you can use 800MHz.

You sure I can use 800 Mhz ram? It is dual core but the asus site says 4 gigs of 667 RAM, would it be able to use the 800 stuff without underclocking it?

Back
Top Bottom