Car Thread!

I know lol.

That silver one at the far end of the last pic is the nicest one there. SRT swap, lowered on struts and springs, and full lip kit all the way around.

So my unclie wants to get a new car. Not brand new, but like an 06 or something. Currently he is driving an 07 impala from work with a 3.8L, but his work is currenly selling it, so he needs to get a car of his own, other then his Tundra which he wants to keep. He wants something decent on gas, like 23-25mpg at least, more if possible.

Looking at the VW Passat, Audi A4(I think), Civic maybe. Also looking at BMWs, possilbly mercedes, Cadilac CTS. He likes the Chrysler 300 too, but the V8 would be too much of a gas guzzler. He doesnt really want somthing too small, wants plenty of leg room and all. He's not too small of a guy, 6ft tall.
Any other ideas?

I recommended the RX8 for its smooth ride... And mustang would be cool too, but I think out all of those cars, the BMW would be best. 125i or 325i something like that. I dont know much about them though.
What kind of mileage does yours get alvino?

man tomorrow im going to blow phones up with calls to different shops to get ym compressor fixed n stuff but the place where im getting it from has to order it i think

I stumbled upon this, although quite possibly the ugliest car ever made, okay maybe not that bad, but its pretty bad looking :p This concept it sweet!

http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/07/21/disappearing-car-door/

Oh yeah, that's like the Z1 doors. Except those go down all the way to the undercarriage and look flush.

So my unclie wants to get a new car. Not brand new, but like an 06 or something. Currently he is driving an 07 impala from work with a 3.8L, but his work is currenly selling it, so he needs to get a car of his own, other then his Tundra which he wants to keep. He wants something decent on gas, like 23-25mpg at least, more if possible.

Looking at the VW Passat, Audi A4(I think), Civic maybe. Also looking at BMWs, possilbly mercedes, Cadilac CTS. He likes the Chrysler 300 too, but the V8 would be too much of a gas guzzler. He doesnt really want somthing too small, wants plenty of leg room and all. He's not too small of a guy, 6ft tall.
Any other ideas?

I recommended the RX8 for its smooth ride... And mustang would be cool too, but I think out all of those cars, the BMW would be best. 125i or 325i something like that. I dont know much about them though.

My E36 gets roughly 16-18 mpg. 20 if I'm lucky.

Then again I do have an older E36 with an automatic gearbox, so not too surprised. My OBDI M50 engine doesn't have VANOS, which is essentially valve timing technology (think of Mitsubishi's MIVEC, Toyota's VVT or Honda's VTEC). The OBDII engines had VANOS which kicked in at roughly 3000 rpm, but all the newer BMW's have a seamless VANOS integrated into their engines where the ECU calculates how hard you're throttling etc to steadily increase the valve timing.

What year is he looking to buy?

Mine has a 2.0 Zetec. He is lucky to have a first gen hatch with a duratec because they are very rare... and 2.3L compared to the standard 2.0 on the second gen Focus.

I know they sell those STs in Mexico lol... makes me sad. They have to sell them there to compete in rallies. There are none here so it doesn't matter. But I do know they have an orange ST in Dearborn, MI with dealer plates so it's legal to drive around. We're supposed to be getting the Euro third gen in 3 years or so, I'm betting 2011 model year. Some folks think it will be 2010 but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way my buddies D23 focus there that I drove is putting down around 180 to the ground with CAI, intake mani, race header, and custom built catback, not sure if it's 2.25" or 2.5".

The orange color is what got the attention from me, I thought it was a riced out focus but I looked closer and it looked different. I actually liked the whole look projector HID's agressive but cleanlooking bodykit. 225hp with a turboed volvo engine with a few mods to the turbo you coukd make this car go a lot faster, and I think there is a RWD version of it. The US focus looks like shiet no offence, wtf with the US designs there retarded.

US
fcs08_pg_200_ext_lg.jpg

Mexico
5Big.jpg

Mexican design looks so much better. WTF is US Ford thinking lol.

Any other ideas?

RX-8's get terrible mpg and have certain maintence things you have to do because it is a rotatory engine, you could get the V6 300 tho. CTS is nice and the 125i looks nice. Also the A4 is a nice choice.

Back
Top Bottom