TV Converter Box Coupon Program

That's the thing with digital. You either have it or you don't.

yer , i get a good signal at home most of the time its only if there is really bad weather that some channels get lost although tbh in the last 2 years or so of having digital its only happened about 3 times and 2 of them times where before we had our aerial on the roof upgraded

Basically if you pay for tv (cable, satellite) then you don't need a converter box. You only need it if you receive signals from an antenna, either on top of your house or on the tv or whatever.

Basically if you pay for tv (cable, satellite) then you don't need a converter box. You only need it if you receive signals from an antenna, either on top of your house or on the tv or whatever.

ahah and thats like nobody. who still uses bunny ears/antennas? welcome to 2008

ahah and thats like nobody. who still uses bunny ears/antennas? welcome to 2008
Exactly, but I have Directv and they don't have my local channels available so I still use an antenna on top of the house to receive my local channels so I got a couple boxes.

Besides, if you bought a tv since like March 2006 it will have the hd tuner already built in so you won't need a box anyway. I've tried the box, it doesn't work that well right now because most stations are broadcasting in analog still as well so they don't have the power turned up on the hd signal. It won't be real good until February, then they'll shut down the analog signal and turn up the power on the hd signal.

Exactly, but I have Directv and they don't have my local channels available so I still use an antenna on top of the house to receive my local channels so I got a couple boxes.

Besides, if you bought a tv since like March 2006 it will have the hd tuner already built in so you won't need a box anyway. I've tried the box, it doesn't work that well right now because most stations are broadcasting in analog still as well so they don't have the power turned up on the hd signal. It won't be real good until February, then they'll shut down the analog signal and turn up the power on the hd signal.

its a digital signal, not an HD signal :p digital does not mean HD

but yea umm i guess i see the reason for the antenna since you dont get local channels. In canada there like arent any local channels basically, its all nationwide. On the antenna broadcasts, all you get is like CBC and maybe a few other channels like fox but thats it...

its like the whole digital switch over in the UK
before the digital switch over there where some channels that where just fuzzy or would go fuzzy if there was bad weather but you culd deal with it if it was a programme you really wanted to watch but now if there is bad weather it just goes all blocky and in watchable , and you cant go outside to play either cos the weather is crap :D

I don't see the point of this over here in the UK, it's should just be for people who want digital tbh.

Why not use the computer if the weather is bad? Go to friend ? :p

i was just kidding about the whole weather thing i am harderly ever watching tv anymore anyway , i dont know why they are doing it over in the UK tbh i dont even watch tv that much anymore i just dl what i want from the internet that way i can watch it when i want

i was just kidding about the whole weather thing i am harderly ever watching tv anymore anyway , i dont know why they are doing it over in the UK tbh i dont even watch tv that much anymore i just dl what i want from the internet that way i can watch it when i want

Yeah or download from BBC iPlayer.. not hard!

I went to Radio Shack today and purchased two DigitalStream DTX9950 converter boxes.

If anyone's interested, I'll take some pictures of the setup.

Back
Top Bottom