New headset not working.

Turtlecake

Solid State Member
I just bought a new Fatal1ty headset to use on steam and in various games. However, when I talk to my friend on steam (I have tested this with a few people) he says he can only hear me very quietly. I have the microphone volume in volume control turned up all the way and I have mic boost on. Is this a problem with the microphone? Is there any way to fix this, or should I just return the mic.

Kinda off topic I guess... Could anyone either recommend a good, comfortable headset with high sound quality that works well in-game, or at least direct me to where I should ask such a question...

Thanks in advance.

Talk louder :D
Another problem solved :D

Really- it should be pleanty loud enough. Try recording somthing with audicity.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
If the input is high- you know the mike is not the problem. You should also try changing the plug around- from the mic input to the line input.

Which is the line input?

On audacity, the red mic level thing goes up to around -24.

Also, isn't the entire point of being able to set a microphone at a high sensitivity so that I don't have to scream into it?

Also yet again, I tried my brothers mic, and the sound input is around the same, and I also don't hear much... This obviously makes me assume the problem is with my sound card. What can I do to fix this? Are there drivers I can download, and if not, is there a good quality, cheap replacement sound card I could buy?

x_x

Ok, I installed new drivers and the mic worked fine for a while earlier when I was playing tf2 and talking on steam. Now its back to its crappy reception again! Can someone please help me fix this... It was definately working earlier.

Back
Top Bottom