New Guy Here

armymedic4life

Beta member
Hello. Im the new guy here. Im 41 years old and I just retired from the Army after 22 years as an EMT. I guess my hobby is tinkering with computers since if Im not with my wife Im, umm, here.
Im planning to go to the technical college here to learn a new trade as a Network Administrator.
While here, Ill be picking ur brains mostly about the OS's XP and Leopard as I have Boot camp on my iMac. I still prefer XP, sorry. Im also in the process of upgrading my wife's laptop which is so slow to boot up you can take a trip to the store to get milk b4 its ready for u to log on.
Ill let you know up front that I need to re-partition my HD on the iMac so I have more room for Windows. If you can direct me to that thread I would appreciate it.
See u in the forums

Hey! Glad you joined, I'm fairly new here to. How was the army, I want to join the Hellenic Army but then I will have to leave my family here in Australia for 9 months =[
Well, hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome to CF! That's great dedication to your country. 22 years. I don't think I ever would join the army. Unfortunately, Brazil's law is that at 18 you must enlist.

For your wife's laptop: You can do a couple of things.
  • Run Virus/Spyware scan to make sure it's clean
  • Defrag the HDD
If it's still slow you can:
  • Buy more RAM
  • And you could buy a 7200RPM HDD (assuming you currently have a 5400RPM)
I think there are programs out there that let you change the size of a current partition so you can create another. If that doesn't work you will have to delete the current partition, create two in place, and reformat.

Welcome to CF! That's great dedication to your country. 22 years. I don't think I ever would join the army. Unfortunately, Brazil's law is that at 18 you must enlist.

For your wife's laptop: You can do a couple of things.
  • Run Virus/Spyware scan to make sure it's clean
  • Defrag the HDD
If it's still slow you can:
  • Buy more RAM
  • And you could buy a 7200RPM HDD (assuming you currently have a 5400RPM)
I think there are programs out there that let you change the size of a current partition so you can create another. If that doesn't work you will have to delete the current partition, create two in place, and reformat.

You can also upgrade the CPU >.>

Back
Top Bottom