Council Tax SUCKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raveboy said:
My council tax this year (UK tax to pay for local services like rubbish collecting, fire, police and ambulance) takes the p*ss. It has increased by 3.4% BUTY their services ie cleaning the streets has diminshed by 10% !!!

I suggest we all hold back our payments until they actually start providing he service which they we are paying them to do.

My local neighbourhood is flooded with litter, weeds, fly tipping and unswept streets for years. Piles of muck are strewn about like my neighbood is actually the refuse site!!!!!

They have the chhek to raise the tax and at the same time cut back all the services!!!! I mean my local shops have just had their public conviences closed - were are we supposed to go for a number 1 and 2?

Also the council tax is based on the value of the household and not the oocupants living inside. So you can be a couple living in a house next to a family of 8 and pay the same tax as them.

The family of 8 have greater demands on the local services but yet still pay the same price!!!!!

I say lets bring back poll tax!! Tax the b*stards who are usin g the services!!!

Yeah poll tax is much better. We are going to have fortnightly collections in the future!

Raffaz said:
Im one of the 45% their all a bunch of lying tossers so i dont waste my time :) Doesnt matter who you vote, you will get screwed for something else.

that sucks... looks like thats one country i can scratch of my list of places to move to if our gov gets worse :rolleyes:

Umm... can anyone tell me what a fortnight is?? David seems happy about having his garbage collected that often, but i have no clue what it is.

Sucks how things vary from place to place so much, where's the standardisation? Makes you wonder where the money goes... oh wait... Iraq......... Goddammit Britain needs a new government, simply removing Tony Blair as Prime Minister is not enough, there needs to be 100% change, with a new Party in power.

In some ways, dictatorships are a good thing: if the country's going to the dogs, at least it's the government that are directly responsible and not the people who voted in the crappy government in the first place :D The point is they didn't vote in the government, but hey...

A "fortnight" is a period of two weeks, in other words David will be getting his bins emptied every two weeks.

people and voting is irrelevant. I honestly do not belief that the 2000 and 2004 elections were honest. Especially in 2000. Whats the point in voting if you can't even trust the people who count your vote?

UK31337 said:
A "fortnight" is a period of two weeks, in other words David will be getting his bins emptied every two weeks.
cool thanks.

i can see why david would be excited about that. I don't know how my city would function if we didn't have pickup once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom