IE8 Beta 2 vs. FF 3.0.1

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
Well, I did a test with http://webwait.com. Most of you FF fan boys will not believe this, but EVERY, yes, EVERY site I tested, and I tried about 20 of the ones I go to most often (MSN, Yahoo, MS, CF, etc), ALL of them were faster in IE.

Try for yourself.

Yep, it does seem to be pretty fast, however speed is not everything, Firefox is far superior with its add ons and themes and such, which is what I like, IE is not really that much faster.

For me, it's all about the speed. I can care less about how it looks (I like the stock IE interface rather than the stock FF interface) or all the extra crap you can get.

I like something that works... Anytime I've used IE in the last couple of years, it has crashed on me most of the time... IE 7 just is not my type if interface either. Not sure what IE looks like, but if it's anything like IE7, I will stay w/ FF3. Very little crashes with FF. The only problem I continue to have with FF3 is the spell check error...they haven't seemed to figure out how to fix it or they don't care... :confused: FF2 didn't have this problem. Only add on I use in FF is Adblocker Plus though.

OMG why are you guys talking about opera and what you like, this thread is just for a small speed comparison.

OMG why are you guys talking about opera and what you like, this thread is just for a small speed comparison.

because not all of us use it for the speed. .08 seconds will not make a big difference in my life. Therefore I use what I like more, not what performs better. If all of our life decisions were made on performance none of us would have girlfriends, we'd be up to our necks in car payments, and we would be upgrading our computers on a weekly basis.

Back
Top Bottom