Car Thread!

It's sad... I thought about trading cars with him... kinda makes me sad.

No smog. Not even when you buy the car. Nothing. Technically they can cite you if you are catless, as it's a federal law, but so is "modification of emissions equipment" which includes catback systems. They don't really seem to care. If it's obnoxiously loud they might but I have heard several lifted trucks (so the muffler is head-level with me) that I swear have amplifiers in the mufflers or something because it is deafening with windows up. (STFU! MAD FACE)

Speaking of which... I drove a 5-speed today for the first time in... 4, 5 years? After driving one for like 5 mins in the first place. But it was my buddy's 1st gen 2.3 Duratec PZEV (no longer PZEV LOL) Focus with all the Cosworth parts and tuning on it. I think it's around 180 whp N/A. Race header and huge intake manifold. The thing flies and sounds so mean, it was very fun. I did a pretty good job.

Edit: Pics for great justice.
IMG_0567.jpg

S7302901.jpg

Not really into the body kit, but I like everything else about it. Sounds like it was a blast.

It looks a ton better from different angles... I actually don't like most of the back and a full front shot of this car. But it's definitely hot.
18957100_1396.jpg

Ohhh D-lew saw a Focus ST over at San Diego with Mexican plates, researched and Ford Mexico is actually selling those in their market. The boarder is about 15 min from my house and I cross there sometimes. Why the hell doesnt Ford at US distribute the ST version. Ford USA FTL

I really liked how it looks and it performs quite well according to Jeremy.

Looks exactly like this one.

1Big.jpg

Joke I saw on the ranger forum:

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Joke I saw on the ranger forum:

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Heh, that's a good one. A Top Gear Top Tip is that if you want to die, oversteer is the best way to do it because you don't see what kills you.

Mine has a 2.0 Zetec. He is lucky to have a first gen hatch with a duratec because they are very rare... and 2.3L compared to the standard 2.0 on the second gen Focus.

I know they sell those STs in Mexico lol... makes me sad. They have to sell them there to compete in rallies. There are none here so it doesn't matter. But I do know they have an orange ST in Dearborn, MI with dealer plates so it's legal to drive around. We're supposed to be getting the Euro third gen in 3 years or so, I'm betting 2011 model year. Some folks think it will be 2010 but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way my buddies D23 focus there that I drove is putting down around 180 to the ground with CAI, intake mani, race header, and custom built catback, not sure if it's 2.25" or 2.5".

I'd be lucky to put down 180 WHP fully built. The SOHC 2.0 they have in the Neon isn't engineered for performance whatsoever. I need a SRT-4 engine.

Anyway, I went to a small Neon meet there. The most interesting being two SRT-4's, one SRT-swapped SXT, and a 1st gen with a 2.4 engine from a 97 Stratus.

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

More pics when the other guy uploads his, I forgot my camera.

Back
Top Bottom