Age Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

~~~~~~~~
OK, It might seem like im making a fuss out of nothing, But yesterday, I went to visit the 3 Mobile phone shop - I'm trying to decide who I will choose when I renew my contract.

I stepped into the shop, and the cheesy salesperson went up to me, and said "Can I help you there?", and I said "No thanks, I'm just looking right now". He asked me If i was 16, and since I am not, I said somthing like "No, I'm not"...

So he then tell's me "Well, Im going to have to ask you to leave, we've had kid's come in and break handsets".

This really pissed me off to be honest - I can understand that they dont want people to come in and break their phones, but what will banning under 16's do? I mean just because you are over 16 doenst mean that you are sensible... I know a lot of 16+ People that are total idiots.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

lmfao make a complaint, them daft asshole don't understand that kids under 16 are probs one of their best customs

Well if he doesn't want your custom then he's an idiot. He would have earned himself commission from selling you a contract so I don't get why he was so keen to chase you away, I usually have salesmen stuck to me like limpets the second I walk through the door of a phone shop.

Despite which those phones are hard-plastic display models, there is little, if anything, to be broken. What a tool.

Hmm i deff wouldn't chose 3 to get a contract with. and i would write to the manager and tell him/her what happened . i hate it when places generalize a whole age group of people as being trouble makers etc cos i have seen people mmuch older than me behave like they are still kids
Despite which those phones are hard-plastic display models, there is little, if anything, to be broken. What a tool.
i dunno how it is where J03 is but here some of the display models in shops are real phones

Hmm i deff wouldn't chose 3 to get a contract with. and i would write to the manager and tell him/her what happened . i hate it when places generalize a whole age group of people as being trouble makers etc cos i have seen people mmuch older than me behave like they are still kids

i dunno how it is where J03 is but here some of the display models in shops are real phones

Yes, I think he was refering to the real phones. I'm going to email 3 - And I proberbly wont be choosing them, because of this.

Oh, Im in wales, btw :)

OK, I've email them:

Hello;
I am sorry if I have seleted the wrong department for this email, But I thought this was the best choice.

Yesterday (30/08/2008), I visited my Local 3 shop - The newly opened one which is located in Bangor, Wales.
I stepped into the shop, where a sales representative walked up to me, and asked me if he could "Help me". I told him that I was just looking for the moment. He then asked me how old I was, so I told him that I was 15 (Which is true). He then told me that I would have to leave the shop, as under 16's where not allowed to enter the shop without a parent, as they had "kids breaking handsets".

This genuinely upset me - I was looking for a new provider for my next contract, and I originally thought that 3 would be a good choice. I have now put three at the bottom of my list of "good providers".

Just because you are over 16, doesn't make you instantly sensible, or less liable to break a demonstration phone. The same goes for people that are under 16 - It doesn't mean that they are going to deliberately break your handsets.

Thank You

Joseph Redfern

i would have just argued with them/asked to speak to the manager. thats just a case of being treated like s**t. uncalled for.

If they ask for it, they could tell who it was, by the time that I was there (3:30-4 ish)

walk in, find the guy and tell him that he has lost your business and then walk out. Nothing was damaged by you except that guys reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom