raidhelp

justinups

In Runtime
i just bought a via vt6421raid controller card and i cant get it to boot.i can set up to install windows xp pro including formating the sata drive on it but i cant boot from it.. i have tryed every bios setting there is for my mother board and there is a opotion to disable the onboard ide solts and i still cant boot from it.it has two sata ports and one ide port.

I there an option in your BIOS to boot from a PCI device?

Since the BIOS is looking for a bootable device, you'll need to point it to the PCI RAID controller card.

windows on my other hdd reads it just fine i can even save files to the hdd on the is on. i just cant boot it.

and how do i do that point it to the raid.

Hmm. . . Try this.

Connect the drive to the card. Disconnect the old drive completely.

Insert the controller driver floppy into the drive.

Reboot using the Windows XP install disk.

The boot order should be:

Floppy
CD
Network/SCSI
Hard drive

When you boot up with the Windows CD, you should see a prompt like "Press any key to boot from CD". Press a key and be prepared to press F6 to load the VIA controller drivers.

nothing. i change the boot order and pull the ide drive out. i can even disable the onboard ide ports. i disable chanel 1 (i have to leave chanle 0 my cd drive is on it). could there be a bios for the controller card. when i go to install windows it installs to the first restart and then wants the cd to do the same thing agine.after that it just wont boot from the drive. norton ghost dosent support raid controller card so that wont work.(i tryed)i have been at this for almost 5 days now.and still nothing.

i just bought a via vt6421raid controller card and i cant get it to boot.i can set up to install windows xp pro including formating the sata drive on it but i cant boot from it.. i have tryed every bios setting there is for my mother board and there is a opotion to disable the onboard ide solts and i still cant boot from it.it has two sata ports and one ide port.

If you want to boot from an OS installed on a RAID array then you need to install the RAID driver during the OS install.

Google Installing OS onto RAID for some research into this.

Back
Top Bottom