Football (the real kind)

football...

yes, the real kind of foot ball, the kind of football that's played with the foot

so far as other forms of football goes,
Aussie rules, - yeah kind of interesting, loads of really hard contact, (you'd need to be almost insane to play this at the professional level).
American football, - now this game is even more for primadonnas than real football, it's almost not even a team sport. it's all about getting the glory for yourself, (at least that's how it seems whilst I'm watching it on TV).

rugby, now that's a game where you have some serious contact, but with some apparant rules and sanity. a lot better to watch than american football...

Dang it got heated. Anyways, if you don't watch European or South American football, then I agree with you who say it's a boring sport. I can't stand to watch MLS. They suck so much (no offense); they're only trying to score, there's no beauty in the game...

"American football" involves a bunch of grown men wearing armour, helmets and hotpants grappling each other. It's so intense, they have to stop play constantly for periods of about a million years each time. :rolleyes: It's not "foot"ball, it's a bastardised form of rugby and it's completely retarded.

Proper "foot"ball (i.e. "soccer") is a much more exciting, fast paced and competitive game.

Football is all about strategy..
soccer they barely get clipped in the leg and they're on the ground crying until the ref pulls a card out where they than get up like nothing happened.

Americans should just stay out of this thread, they have no idea :p Just like we have no idea why you call your sport, American football.

Honestly, I dont know why its called football either, lol. It would make more sense called like Handball, but I think it might be taken the wrong way then, lol.

I love playing futbol, and football, but A. football is the only one I like to watch I guess.

Americans should just stay out of this thread, they have no idea :p Just like we have no idea why you call your sport, American football.
Can't make us. :p

Besides, I know plenty about "your" football. I used to play. Was damn good at it too. But I still think it's about as fun to watch as the grass grow.

to be honest, I have to agree with the comments about professional footballers just being a bunch of sissies,

he came near, me, so I'll lie down, cry and hope like hell that the guy gets sent off.

it's kind of tactical. but still makes them all look really wet.

There are a few professional basketball players that have become very adept at falling down with the lightest of contact. Vlade "Floppy" Divac is one that comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom