this board any good?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherboards/6series/680.aspx#2
i think i saw that at my microcenter for $99.99, and wondering if its worth it to buy one for my Intel build later on.
i noticed that it says optimized for XFX graphics card, does that mean that it performs better with XFX board? gives XFX graphics card better performance? or is it made for XFX graphics card, and that any other card doesnt perform as well as they should (sounds kind of stupid....)
thanks

EDIT - So i was reading some reviews and it seems like its a really good board, it either got an 8 or higher (out of 10)
so i might consider getting it.
But this board is over a year ago, should i still go for it?

Hmm, 680i... This is because you want SLi, right? I guess it's as good as you're going to get on that chipset. XFX do a great double lifetime warranty too.

The 780i is just a rehash of the 680i with PCI-E 2.0 support on two slots out of three.

i dont know if i want SLI or not since it seems like everytime i get enough money for another card, theres a card thats better for about $50 more.
the 780i is way out of my price range, the ones i see are like $200+.
and i am only willing to spend about $130 on a board.

alright. although i highly recommend saving the extra money to get 780i. if you go 680i you're limiting yourself to 16x bandwidth and then you'll have to rebuy another motherboard for another new card, doesnt make any sense to me... why not spend the extra $80 now instead of another $150 later. sure it takes longer to save up, but its worth it.

somebody said that the X16 and the 2.0 X16 have the same performance when playing games and stuff.
and you can only see a difference between those two slots with a PCI-E 2.0 card only with Benchmark programs.
and the reason that is, is because that no graphics card use up all the bandwidth.

by the time i save up for the 780i, then there will be a newer/better motherboard out. I only get $20 a month for allowance.
with my luck, buying a mobo for $200 that will only last me less than 6 months isnt worth it. all the motherboards i bought never last long because i either trade it or something goes wrong.
If this isnt worth it, then i will just get a different board around that price range. I still need to get a new CPU and PSU.

Back
Top Bottom