Should the drinking age be lowered to 18?

Hmm, well over here in England we have a culture where its not a good night unless you are soo drunk you are off your face so I think it might be a good idea to keep it at 21

I always find the amazingly backwards American attitude to alcohol completely astounding.

So you can get the death penalty, drive, run around with guns, get married, go to Iraq and die for Uncle Sam, smoke, be sent to adult prison, pay taxes... but you can't have a beer? Give me strength. If you're that backwards and anal about it it's no wonder kids are getting hammered whilst still underage.

In the UK the legal age for drinking in private is five years old, although if you got your children plastered on a daily basis you'll have social services all over you like a rash. The aged eighteen restriction here involves the actual purchase of alcohol but it's too easy to get it underage.

Yes, it should be lowered to 18 in the US. It's best to introduce you to alcohol as early as possible so that you have some decent education and direct life experience of it instead of being like kids in a playground at age 21.

it doesnt matter how old you are. you can either be responsible or irresponsible. im 18 and have been going out since i was 16/7. i dont cause any problems. ive seen many 21+ people get into fights, etc.

i therefore think 18 is fine. no one should be punished for the d**k heads out there.

Back
Top Bottom