AS5 Question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so ever since i started to use my friends computer, the CPU runs about 68c-78c, from idle to load.
now i admit that my room is hot.
and i just cleaned up the thermal paste, and put in some AS5, and now its running at 79c on normal use, still really hot.
does it take awhile for the AS5 to start working?
i tried putting a few AS5, then it says the CPU keep getting overheated, applied a little more, then it was around 100c at normal use.
then i applied some more (about 1 1/4 bb size) and now its at 79c.
Thats like really hot.
i would use my Vendetta, but the case is too small, and the motherboard is oddly shaped, its like a reversed motherboard. theres no way to put it on.
this is the board
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D945GCZ/index.htm

any idea on what i should do to make it cooler?

i did put about 3/4 bb, as what arctic silver suggested, and i got about 100c, thats why i ended up putting more.
turns out i installed the heatsink wrong...
haha, thats bad.....
but its still 60c at normal use, which i think its still pretty hot, unless thats average for pentium d's.

Yeah that's hot. Mine runs at 8C Core 1, 4C Core 2, 30C the chip--under medium load (5 tabs of FF, Thunderbird, Pidgin and 29 other processes)

nice temps. i remember when my 4800+ was 25c when i use the vendetta 2.
i think its the heatsink problem, and i am not about to buy a heatsink for a temp computer.
guess i better hurry and make some cash for a new board and cpu

Is this under load? Wouldn't surprise me if it was, knowing Pentium D's are hot.

How does the paste look when you pull the heatsink off? It should be spread out.

Back
Top Bottom