Laptop use? Few questions

kchi55

Fully Optimized
So I just recently got my laptop for college. Now I'm a bit curious as to he safest way to use it, not user-safety, but the safety of the laptop.

Is it bad to leave it charging the entire day (or multiple days for that matter)?
Is it bad to leave it on the entire day (not sleep mode)?
What kind of use could possibly damage the overall battery efficiency of the laptop?

Yeah, just some points I want to clarify, because I really want to be able to use his laptop for as many years as possible.

well most charging systems are inteligent these days and reduce the current going to the battery once it detects that the battery is fully charged so depending on manufacturer i would say that matters that much any more

ive used and left mine on for days before and it has been fine as long as it is kept in a position where the fan can extract air you wont have any problems there its just like a normal computer

well batterys efficiency starts wearing down as soon as you start using it but i wouldnt worry about batteries that much because you can always install a new one without much trouble they are a consumable item and wont last forever as long as it isnt exposed to extreme heat or cold and rapid temp changes it should be good for a while at least a year before the battery life starts getting stupidly low

Is it bad to leave it charging the entire day (or multiple days for that matter)?

It's not bad, but it's not good either.

Is it bad to leave it on the entire day (not sleep mode)?

If you're going to use your notebook for an extended period of time, be sure to provide proper ventilation for the notebook. You should also purchase a notebook cooler.

What kind of use could possibly damage the overall battery efficiency of the laptop?

You should calibrate a notebook's battery. Apple has a good guide that should apply to any notebook.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

Back
Top Bottom