Should the drinking age be lowered to 18?

whoever voted 18 needs to think about how many people have died that were under 21 that were drinking and driving... and they killed a lot of family's.... there's a higher percent of people killed by under age drunk drivers than overage...

I think you should get a choice- drive or drink.

When you are 18, you make that choice. Then you get a small dot- a tattoo on the palm of your hand. something that is nice and small. That is the choice you have to live with until you are 25, at which point it is removed.

then you will have the drivers, and the drinkers. but then there is the problem of keeping the drivers from drinking.

I think you should get a choice- drive or drink.

When you are 18, you make that choice. Then you get a small dot- a tattoo on the palm of your hand. something that is nice and small. That is the choice you have to live with until you are 25, at which point it is removed.

then you will have the drivers, and the drinkers. but then there is the problem of keeping the drivers from drinking.

Lol, it's an idea that would work theoretically, however not in reality.

I'm 16 and I have plenty of friends who drink. They can do whatever it's their life. I personally try to stay away. I'll try a wine or something just to get the taste, but never more than a sip.

OP: I voted 21. I don't think it really would make a difference whether the age was 8, 18, 21, 28, 56. People will still illegally drink. The only age the drinking problem could be solved is at a very young age. If that's established, kids will see that there's nothing fun about drinking. You get a hangover, wow, who wants that? Unfortunately there would also be the dangers of people getting addicted very quickly and the health dangers. Regardless, drinking is something bad when done excessively. Will people abuse it? Yes. Will people ever stop abusing it? No. So why bother?

Join the military then you can drink when your 18. On base of course, but its still legally drinking at 18.

Join the military then you can drink when your 18. On base of course, but its still legally drinking at 18.
no matter where you are your going to get in trouble for drinking under 18 in the US military... trust me i asked my uncle... you cant drink unless your 21 or you'll get in trouble like have to paint a wall haha or maybe even get demoted also

I voted 21, but really, people under 21 will still find ways of getting it if they want it. It's just that if it's a law it makes it a bit harder for people under 21 to get it. Some places probably don't even card you if they think you look old enough... For example, I took a girl from work to go get a pack of cigarettes, but I figured she was old enough until after she got in the car and said she was 17...:rolleyes: I was like whatever, and took her hoping they might not card her so I could go home and she would be happy...they carded her and she got pissed, lol. I wasn't about to go in and buy it for her though. Apparently some places didn't card her before as she said in her rant, and it could probably be the same for alcohol in places.

In Australia I think the drinking age is 18.
And you all seem to think all kids drink alcohol because it's 'cool'. Yeah your right, some kids do think it's cool, but some, like me don't. I mean I'm 13 and I love Vodka, I'll have a couple of sips at parties from my dad's bottle and that's it. I like other alcohol too but not as much as Vodka, so in conclusion; I don't drink, but at parties I might have a sip or two from a bottle of Vodka!

And like the others have said it doesn't matter what age it is, anyone can still get it. I mean, I even see kids smoking; I mean yeah give it one go, but to be a smoker at the age of 13...come on, control your body.

I just say; you can try it once, because that's life, but don't get addicted to the wrong things.

Nice to see you visit CV. We have this going on for a few days already.

In the service when I was in you could have 3.2 beer at 18. They saved the good stuff for the 21 crowd.

Back
Top Bottom