Is DDR3 worth it?

i forgot to add that with amd chips it is also possible to manipulate the actual ht speed by changing the ht speed multi so its stock on my chip for instance at
cpu clock 2100mhz
ht bus 200mhz
ht link 1000mhz
ht multi 5
but you may change the ht multi yourself in the bios so if you are overclocking and the ht link gets to high you can say switch the multi to 4 to reduce the ht link speed which can mean a furthur cpu speed overclock

Wait, if I lower the HT link to 800MHz, won't that affect performance although I'd be able to increase my CPU clock?

I guess what I'm asking is: Which one is faster?

5400+X2 @ 3.2GHz @ 800MHz HT (My board is faster I think, but I'll just use your number) or 5400+X2 @ 3.0GHz @ 1000MHz HT?

Wait, if I lower the HT link to 800MHz, won't that affect performance although I'd be able to increase my CPU clock?

I guess what I'm asking is: Which one is faster?

5400+X2 @ 3.2GHz @ 800MHz HT (My board is faster I think, but I'll just use your number) or 5400+X2 @ 3.0GHz @ 1000MHz HT?

honestly have no idea never bohtered playing with that sort of thing best way to find out is just to try it and see what differences you see in benchmarks

Back
Top Bottom