4850 bios mod...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
at first glance, this is pretty impressive, especially considering the 625/993 stock speeds...

mod.jpg

:rolleyes:

the problem...?

I can't game at all, hell, 3DMark06 kicks into VPU Recover after about 5 seconds...

chest thumping aside, what use is it to run at 765/1145 if I can't game...? that's where I need the performance boost and it just ain't gonna happen...

Dont go so high? lol im confused on the point of this thread :p

yeah, I tried those speeds because some guy swore up and down that those speeds worked, he could be right though if he's not a gamer, but gaming is a little too intense for this card at those speeds, I'm at 725/1100 right now and it's running stable and the fps bump is pretty noticeable...

oh well then you should just leave it at that, are your temps still good at those speeds?

yeah, they have yet to reach 70°, they're about 65ish when I close out a game...

my first OC...

aticlocks.jpg

EPIC FAIL...

mod.jpg

new clocks...

mod2.jpg

I think I can live with this for a while...

what i did was turn the GPU clock all they way up like with 2 more to go and then the memory at around half way or so and it runs really good like that

Anyone had the courage to hard mod? I was thinking about getting the soldering iron out but then I found out about the pencil mod available for these cards.

Back
Top Bottom