router problem

The only reason you would need a driver is if its connected via USB, if your using ethernet then no driver is needed as its already built into windows.

You don't need drivers for a router, but you do need to set it up. Go to the netgear website and look at the manual for your model. I'll bet real money that since you're on dsl your stay-alive setting is wrong. Under the part where you put in your id and password should be a drop down menu that lets you select how long you stay online and nothing going on before it drops off. Got to love PPoE.

The stay-alive setting may well be wrong - but that wouldnt mean his ethernet cable would show as being unplugged... would it?

if he hasnt set up the router with the settings from his isp until he does that it will always show up as disconnected and are we to presume he's not using any sort of wireless adaptor with this router?

well guys, this router surely does overheat, i took the bottom cover off, put a prosessor fan on it, and it worked great.
What can I do to prevent this overheat?I mean with out leaving the fan on?
Or is it just the modem be fucked up?

Send it back.

Nah I live outside the USA,I'm not going to pay allot of money to send it back.
But what i've dicovered is that this router uses a Power adapter (Input: 120V, 60Hz, 0.19A; Output: DC12V, 1A), and the adapter they've send me is input:100-120vac 50/60hz 0.3A
Maybe that is the problem?

The specs on the power pack are just a range of voltages it can operate in and still make 12volts DC come out the other end. Now on the output side is where those numbers matter. What's the amps or milliamps on the output side?

Back
Top Bottom