Sound Card

one benefit i heard is that it gives you better performance when you are playing a game because when you dont have a sound card, the CPU works harder for the onboard, and if you have a sound card, it has its own processor to it wont use the CPU for sound.

thats what i heard too, that it gives you a couple frames per second. but is that it? will i hear a difference?

maybe other than that if your motherboard only supports less than 7.1 channels, and you want to use 7 speakers and a sub (i think), i dont really see any other benefits.
others just told me to get a sound card with 2 channels because i only use a left and right speaker.

The performance boost is very minimal, especially with a high end processor like his. However, if you have nice speakers, you'll notice a big difference in sound quality. I have the Logitech Z-5500s, and when I put in a sound card it was a LOT better.

Not worth it if you don't have nice speakers though.

are there sounds card benchmarks?? lol

i gots some nice speakers and a great pair of headphones :D

then yes, it will make a difference, even without "super trained dog ears", I have some decent speakers and a sub and my SB Audigy SE sounds great, especially with the modded drivers...

Back
Top Bottom