Max Ram for my computer?

errolsmusic

Beta member
I have 1.5gb of ram. I'd like to throw 2x2gb sticks (4gb) of ram in my comp. But How do I know the max ram for my comp? The model is a600y and its an HP.

Ive had 512mb before and added a 1gb. It's doing great for me. But i think 4gb will do the trick...If I can't do 4gb then I guess I just have to buy a new comp or something. Any other info I need to provide?

Thanks to all,
Errol Santos

Well, it depends how many memory slots you have. If you only have two. Id say just ditch the 512b and put a 2gb into that slot. 3gb of ram is enough if you ask me. It depends what your doing. Even 2 gb would be good. Vista uses more RAM then Xp. So if you have vista more RAM will help. But i guess for xp, 2gb would work fine.

Well, it depends how many memory slots you have. If you only have two. Id say just ditch the 512b and put a 2gb into that slot. 3gb of ram is enough if you ask me. It depends what your doing. Even 2 gb would be good. Vista uses more RAM then Xp. So if you have vista more RAM will help. But i guess for xp, 2gb would work fine.

It doesnt only depend on the amount of slot's... It depends on the chipset (I think its the chipset, anyway). You need to find out which motherboard you have.

Back
Top Bottom