Bad Graphics Card = Boot Problems?????

RKeaton

Baseband Member
I just want to know if it's possible that the severe bootup issues I've been having of late could be the result of a bad/failing graphics card.

The reason I ask is because the display went all squiggly on me at the same moment I started having problems getting my pc to boot up.

I just assumed all this time that whatever problem was causing the boot up issues was also making the screen messed up. But could it be the other way around? Would a bad graphics card cause Windows to snag while booting?

As it stands I'm just barely able to get it to boot up in safe mode, which is what I'm running now.

It's a 2 1/2 y/o HP Media Center pc with Athlon X2 processor, Samsung SyncMaster monitor, ATI Radeon Express Graphics Card.

It could be possible that having a bad graphics card could be causing you some issues when you're booting, since part of the boot process requires graphics. If you try and boot regular, do you see the normal Windows screen or do you see nothing?

I'm thinking it's something else. If your video card was bad, you wouldn't even get into safe mode.

What exact problems are you having with booting up?

Back
Top Bottom