thinking of starting a web site..several questions

ttomm461

Baseband Member
Hi
Being retired..I could use extra money and i was thinking of starting a site ..Maybe just a message board..but something where i could use google Ad sense to make a few bucks .
1)First of all i need to create a site
2) get it published...

I wonder about homestead...also I went to the godaddy.com site and it's got so many choices and so confusing I can really use some advice...

As a total web site rookie I need help where to start from scratch:eek:

tom

Well, first off its going to be very hard to make any sort of money from ad's unless you have an extremely popular site. Even this site, as popular as it is, struggles to bring in revenue from ads. Secondly, your going to want to buy web hosting, which often times comes with a free domain name. I personally use 1and1 so I'm more familiar with that, but GoDaddy will work just fine as well.

Two people who know their snizzle when it comes to getting off the ground and finding good hosting is Buzzstpoint and Unsociable at computervitals.com.
Buzz is a forum coder and Unsociable has a hosting company with some killer deals.

I think that you need to find another job and then time by time do your web site. Creating and developing web site will takes lots of time but you need to do something for living

Hi,

I think its very late to reply you. I think by this time you might have started your website.If not I can give you some suggestions because we recently started our website. I agree with others opinion. It really takes so much time to start a website. It needs lot of hard work. You need to first prepare the content, select domain name, design your website and select the hosting provider. If you want you can check our site at:

http://techstudentsworld.com

Hi,

I think its very late to reply you. I think by this time you might have started your website.If not I can give you some suggestions because we recently started our website. I agree with others opinion. It really takes so much time to start a website. It needs lot of hard work. You need to first prepare the content, select domain name, design your website and select the hosting provider. If you want you can check our site at:

http://techstudentsworld.com

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease do not reply to old threads. Anything over 30 days, do not touch!!!! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom