New advertising technique

well that's up to David im sure before today hes said he wants this forum to be free for everyone , and it isnt just a one off thing the forum needs to be able to sustain itself its no good david raising say $50 from donations and then upgrading the hosting as that in the long run is going to cost more

if i where able to at the time though i would prolly offer a donation to the forum
also it would cause arguments such as i have donated the most so i should be made a mod etc

Ok I've moved them to the left again - I think this is the most un intrusive position.

I've seen forums where they have an extremely large banner under the first post; I find this very annoying and think this is an awful lot more intrusive that a 88 x 31 pixel ad that appears off to one side at occasional points in a thread.

To those of you who are using ad blocks - is it really too much to look at something like this
10470361-4.gif
so that I can cover server costs?

While I do use adblock, I have always had it disabled on this website. As long as the ads are actually computer related, I don't mind them. It's better than some of the out of place crap we see at the top and bottom of the site.

Honestly I don't think these tiny ads are intrusive at all. They're tiny, not these huge gargantuan monsters with flash.
Keep 'em tiny and on the left.

Speaking of site changes, is this place ever going to get an aesthetic change? I mean the cyan and white colors work well here.. but man, it's been that way forever.

To those of you who are using ad blocks - is it really too much to look at something like this
10470361-4.gif
so that I can cover server costs?

Any other site, I would say yes. Generally the ads are too in your face and have nothing to do with the site it's on. Here, with what little things they are, and where they'll be located, I can turn it off.

I don't think it's a problem,although it would be nice to have some companies from different countries (Australia,UK,US) so that more people can use them.

Where the new ads are it much better. And I suppose I can turn off adblock on this site since the ads aren't very instrusive unlike other websites.

What about those sponsered post thingies? You know, when ONE post on every page is made by a bot, with a banner ad in it? I could live with that.

I enabled adblock on this site because the ads slow down page loading so much. I'm on dial-up and 10 animated buttons on every page really doesn't help the already slow speed. I think it looks a little tacky too...

Back
Top Bottom