New advertising technique

How about you just enable it for guests only?

I didn't respond to them in such away because they where making suggestions that where actually helpful and they put their opinion across in a mature adult manner , and didn't just simply demand they be removed at once like that without any consideration as to why ads are in place and what purpose they serve .
Now david has given us this oppertunity to voice our opinions about this which in all honestly he didnt have to because this is his site and he can do as he pleases with it and so i felt the way that member responded was rather inappropriate and inconsiderate of the work david does to keep this forum online if he would have said something along the lines of
"no i dont particularly like the ads because they look unporfessional and would prefer they be removed and just leave the ones at the bottom" i wouldnt have had a single problem . i dont have a problem with free speech and people offering forward their opinions its the way in which it is done i have problems with
it wasnt zkilla's opinion i had a problem with it was the way in which he chose to convey his opinion to the rest of the forum that i had a problem with
and what sort of a responsie is that from a moderator
Who are you quoting here?

Now why take that sort of attitude. There is no need for it. David asked for people's opinions...the bloke gave his opinion. ffs let him voice it for once.

im quoting this post of lowndsey's , i was using your post as an example of someone who didnt agree with the new ad technique but who responded in a mature manner none of that was aimed at you

I'd rather you have that enabled for guests. It's much less intrusive then what you're currently using.

It is when you have to view 40 of those banners on a single page.

i could also deal with them sorts of ads being used for guests as oppose to these
i say though of these are here to stay having them reduced to maybe one over 4 or 5 posts would be good

How about you just enable it for guests only?

Who are you quoting here?

i really like his idea, also i kind of like to position its really not as intrusive if its to the left or right bottom top not in the middle of the page it gets annoying, and @ muz whats the deal dude he made this thread for people opinion don't be up tight dude.

i really like his idea, also i kind of like to position its really not as intrusive if its to the left or right bottom top not in the middle of the page it gets annoying, and @ muz whats the deal dude he made this thread for people opinion don't be up tight dude.

i like the idea of having it for guests only too you could but a nootice in saying once you register these will be removed and it will give people an incentive to join the forum

and i know he made it for peoples opinions and i accept other peoples opinions aas i demonstrated before but only when they put them across in an appropriate way and not just make demands that things be removed without considering why they are there etc

alright just sounds like you were bieng stressed about it that all i was just asking.

alright just sounds like you were bieng stressed about it that all i was just asking.

no no i am cool about it just annoys me when david is all serious and people post nonconstructive things and demand their own way not considering that david runs this forum for us all for free and by rights if he wanted to could just implement new add techniques without asking , and then i was just explaining it to lowndsey who obviously didn't understand what i was saying

im really think that we need this the server have been failing for a while and this money can really help its just we have to do it in a way thats not annoying.

I don't mind them on the side at all. Heck, you could probably put 2 on the left side of the post and I wouldn't care. I think the reason is because I'm already used to seeing a variety of things on the left, one or two more won't matter.

im really think that we need this the server have been failing for a while and this money can really help its just we have to do it in a way thats not annoying.

i agree , everyone wants the white page errors to go away and the site to run smoother but that cost time and money and david needs to raise that money somehow

Back
Top Bottom