Who has accidentally deleted their recycle bin?

You cant delete the recycle bin in XP using the right click context menu or by using the delete key.
And therefore you can't delete it unless you are intentionally doing it or you are screwing with your control panel and have no idea what you are doing...

I lost my recycle bin a long time ago. I was making changes in the registry to essentially make it invisible (that is, have no icon and no words underneath). It was fine for the longest time and seemed to be working then one day it just disappeared and trying to get it back has been in vain. I haven't worried about it for a long time tho.

i dont use a recycle bin so on my vista laptop i turned it off in the control panel and in xp i disabled it so i never have these problems

When I had XP, I put a shortcut to the recycle bin on my quick launch and then turned off desktop icons so I had a nice clean desktop. Never had that problem. Now that I have Vista, it's just sitting there in the corner of my desktop, still never had that problem.

my friend had a weird virus back in like 2003 where it turned every icon on the computer the same as the recycle bin. I can still remember the phone call

him: hey man I have a problem with my computer
Me: what is it?
Him: well something happened and now everything is the recycle bin
Me: WTF??

But yeah I have never accidentally deleted my recycle bin I usually just go right click >empty recycle bin.

Back
Top Bottom