cpu over temperature error?

puklop

Solid State Member
I put all my parts in my new rig, connected them, Turned it on and then this stuff came up. I checked the CPU like 4 times its seem to be in alright and the stock fan seems to be installed fine as well. The only thing I couldnt find a spot for is some of the pieces which connected to the Sound card(Ill list what I dont have connected if you want me to).

Anyone know whats going on?

Its a NZXT Lexa Blackline case and a ASUS Rampage Formula X48 Motherboard With a core 2 duo CPU.

No. I thought the cpu came with the paste on no? I saw some stuff on there when I took the cpu out....

If you used the stock heatsink, it does. But the stock heatsink is a piece of crap....maybe get a new one and see if that solves the problem. You can get a decent $30 one from newegg.

No. I thought the cpu came with the paste on no? I saw some stuff on there when I took the cpu out....
The CPU shouldn't, but the stock heatsink does.

Did it look like this?

C2D17.jpg

Is the heatsink properly secured? Can you move it around at all?

One of the pegs isnt fitting in the hole well, but the other 3 are holding the fan in just fine.

Oh and The cords that I cant find a place for(that are connected to the cord connected to me soundcard): R-out, ac'97, ground, mic-in, l-out, mc power etc.

Back
Top Bottom