New advertising technique

Well david this is your forum and the decision falls with you , honestly if it where to mean more revenue for you then i dont mind having them there i can live with it , i think limiting them to say once every page , say the first post every page gets an ad would be good , and i say it was better at the left below the sig , hell i wouldnt even mind a full width ad once every page i could honestly deal with that

the idea you mentioned about commission would work but only if it was for decent stores such as e buyer ,newegg and the like if you where to get commission for them you would make loads cos i know a few people round here use e buyer all the time including me and a lot of the american members use newegg

oh yer and just to set the record straight i dont want the ads at the bottom gone i just thought it was hypocritical that it had a link to what it does in fact its only the Free Voyeur & Swingers one that i think was hypocritical the others for like car hire are fine with me
NO GET RID OF IT!!!! i absolutely HATE ads period.
its davids site and he can have it the way he likes it , if you dont like it go find another forum

if you dont liek ads then i suggest getting off the internet cos they are everywhere and its site owners way of getting paid for providing a site like this which much cost a lot to run

I liked it better with the ads under the avatar than right next to the quote/edit buttons.

yer i prefer the look of it on the left , i dont think it looks in place next to the quote button etc

its taller than them so it just looks tacky and unprofessional there IMO

its davids site and he can have it the way he likes it , if you dont like it go find another forum

if you dont liek ads then i suggest getting off the internet cos they are everywhere and its site owners way of getting paid for providing a site like this which much cost a lot to run
Now why take that sort of attitude. There is no need for it. David asked for people's opinions...the bloke gave his opinion. ffs let him voice it for once.

Now why take that sort of attitude. David asked for people's opinions...the bloke gave his opinion. ffs let him voice it for once.

why take that sort of attitude you ask ?

well i appreciate david asked for opinions and you will see people in this thread have given opinions against the ads and i haven't responded to them in such away such as
It's really annoying David.
1> There should be a way to opt out.
2> If you are intent on ads this way make them appear only once in a thread. Like the way we have the sigs set up at CV.
3> Get them out of the edit and quote buttons area of the message. Makes them too easy to get clicked by mistake.

and
I'd rather you leave the links in the footer.

Inline advertisements are real annoying.

I didn't respond to them in such away because they where making suggestions that where actually helpful and they put their opinion across in a mature adult manner , and didn't just simply demand they be removed at once like that without any consideration as to why ads are in place and what purpose they serve .
Now david has given us this oppertunity to voice our opinions about this which in all honestly he didnt have to because this is his site and he can do as he pleases with it and so i felt the way that member responded was rather inappropriate and inconsiderate of the work david does to keep this forum online if he would have said something along the lines of
"no i dont particularly like the ads because they look unporfessional and would prefer they be removed and just leave the ones at the bottom" i wouldnt have had a single problem . i dont have a problem with free speech and people offering forward their opinions its the way in which it is done i have problems with
it wasnt zkilla's opinion i had a problem with it was the way in which he chose to convey his opinion to the rest of the forum that i had a problem with
and what sort of a responsie is that from a moderator
ffs let him voice it for once.
i am dissapointed a moderator finds it appropriate to speak to a long standing member like that your meant to be setting an example to everyone else on this forum and that i find that a very good example of how to speak to another member
members have been banned for using offensive acronyms such as that

yer i prefer the look of it on the left , i dont think it looks in place next to the quote button etc

its taller than them so it just looks tacky and unprofessional there IMO

Ok I've moved them to the left again - I think this is the most un intrusive position.

I've seen forums where they have an extremely large banner under the first post; I find this very annoying and think this is an awful lot more intrusive that a 88 x 31 pixel ad that appears off to one side at occasional points in a thread.

To those of you who are using ad blocks - is it really too much to look at something like this
10470361-4.gif
so that I can cover server costs?

I've seen forums where they have an extremely large banner under the first post; I find this very annoying and think this is an awful lot more intrusive that a 88 x 31 pixel ad that appears off to one side at occasional points in a thread.

I'd rather you have that enabled for guests. It's much less intrusive then what you're currently using.

To those of you who are using ad blocks - is it really too much to look at something like this
10470361-4.gif

It is when you have to view 40 of those banners on a single page.

Ok I've moved them to the left again - I think this is the most un intrusive position.

10470361-4.gif

honestly either advertising method works for me and i dont mind looking at them sort of ads you have atm i apreciate you prolly make a loss running this place and if i can help by dealing with having a few ads there then i am happy with that ,
my only problem with them being by the quote button was they could easilly be miss clicked and they didn't look right there as they where taller than all of them buttons over there
i think maybe make it once every 3 posts or once per member per page , so if a member posts 3X per page make i only show once on that page for that member

Back
Top Bottom