Pop Quiz!!!

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
not really, but....
Okay, everything hooked up, turn on the computer, everything turns on, except that there is no post beeps, and no display.

List all possible reasons why this is happening.

Please dont suggest anything i should do, or ask whats wrong, i just want to know all possible reasons.

Thanks.

bad ram
reseat everything
integrated to card switch?
bad video card
bad monitor
bad mobo

that happened to me
turned out to be the video card
if your have a heavy video card and its not screwed down just right it wont boot

so long story short.
even though theres no post beep when the computer turns on, the possibility is everything?
but isnt that kind of the point of post beeps?

not really, but....
Okay, everything hooked up, turn on the computer, everything turns on, except that there is no post beeps, and no display.

List all possible reasons why this is happening.

Please dont suggest anything i should do, or ask whats wrong, i just want to know all possible reasons.

Thanks.

Assuming the system has a speaker on the motherboard and beeps when working properly, it could be pretty much anything from a short with the case, to every single hardware piece being bad.

for all myh computer repairs i have ever done andthats alot i have never had a board post beeps before.

i put that speaker thing in the Mobo.
if thats in there, what are the possibilities that theres not post beeps and display?

yep, pretty much, and i still dont get no beeps.
But the DVD drive is always spinning, the HDD spins for about 5-10 seconds, every fans spins, but no post beeps.
so what are the possibilities of whats wrong?

Back
Top Bottom