Who has accidentally deleted their recycle bin?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
Anyone else on here ever been rushing around doing things on the computer and accidentally deleted their trash bin when you were just trying to empty it? I hate when that happens! Your right clicking all sorts of files, and clicking "delete"...then you go to empty the trash bin and right click it and also hit "delete" instead of "empty recycle bin". You quickly click through the "do you really want to..." dialog, and poof! Your recycle bin is gone from your desktop, and you have to remember or figure out how to get it back. Instead of having "delete" as a right click option for the recycle bin, they should have some other choice like "settings" that you would click and an option box pops up if you want to delete your recycle bin or not. That would cut down on the accidents.

yes, i'm using vista. to get it back, right click the desktop, click on personalization, on the left of the window that opens click on "change desktop icons". Check the box for recycle bin, and hit ok.

I'm guessing you can accidentally delete your recycle bin in Vista? That's kinda stupid... Still running XP, and have yet to get rid of my recycle bin, or even wanted to...

yes, it's a new feature in vista. the ability to repetedly accidentally delete the recycle bin off of your desktop while you are already rushing to complete some work, and then you have to go back in and put it back...nice.

yes, it's a new feature in vista. the ability to repetedly accidentally delete the recycle bin off of your desktop while you are already rushing to complete some work, and then you have to go back in and put it back...nice.

Exactly. I've done that several times myself. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what Microsoft were thinking of when they decided to add Delete to the right click options for the Recycle Bin in Vista?

I've seen plenty of people do it in XP so it's not just a vista thing, although it is more common in vista.

Back
Top Bottom