45nm TjMax

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
I was a firm believer that Unclewebb was on the right track with Real Temp but it appears he may have been off by 5°C.

It seems there is now some "official" word from Intel

The latest version of Core Temp (D/load Core Temp 0.99.3) has some interesting information in the change log

Add: Correct TjMax values for 45nm Core 2 series, according to this document:

http://intel.wingateweb.com/US08/published/sessions/TMTS001/SF08_TMTS001_100r.pdf

Page 10
Temperature Utility Comparison
•Intel®Core™2 Duo processor
•TJ should be 100°C

I find it ironic that the Intel document "splits the difference" between Core Temp and Real Temp, so by the looks of it you can add 5°C to all your overclock temperatures if you were using 95°C in Real Temp and Core Temp previously.

:D

Finally an official word from Intel, but I'm less than happy to hear it. I think I felt better believing that 95c was the correct TjMax. :(

Unclewebb's thread at XS forums is still banging on about 95°C (not unclewebb last time I looked) so it seems you're not the only one worshipme.

My temps were never excessive, I can live with 100. Even with a TjMax of 100°C my 4.0GHz is idling at 26°C and load (IntelBurnTest) is 42°C

EDIT: Both Core Temp and Real Temp have new versions out now, CT 0.99.3 & RT 2.75

Back
Top Bottom