Cop Car vs Deer

I wouldn't be surprised if a deer got pulverized by the patrol car. Almost, if not all Police Interceptors have a pursuit bar mounted to the front that is designed to withstand heavy impact and to aid the officer when they need to push something out of the way.

Of course, it also depends on how fast the car was at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if a deer got pulverized by the patrol car. Almost, if not all Police Interceptors have a pursuit bar mounted to the front that is designed to withstand heavy impact and to aid the officer when they need to push something out of the way.

Of course, it also depends on how fast the car was at the time.

at point of impact it appeared that the car was going around 80mpg or so since the deer exploded. yes there was a crash bar in the front as you can see in the video haha

I guess It could be real. But:

1) Wouldnt it have swerved MORE?
2) How did the footage get leaked?

1) Wouldnt it have swerved MORE?
Ever had a deer jump out in front of you while driving? If you don't see the deer until the last second, there's not a whole bunch you can do... I've narrowly missed deer because I saw them in just enough time. Plus it's not really a good idea to swerve in case another car is coming or you may go off the road on the other side and do some other damage. It's best to slam on the brakes and hit the deer. The on time a deer hit me, I didn't even see it until it was a second away from hitting my car, no time for any reaction, swerving or stopping. Luckily, it was the fender it hit, not the front. It can do a lot more damage if you hit one from the front. This cop may not have seen the deer until it was too late. You can say it was easily visible in the video, but think of his speed, probably a little tiredness, the fact that we knew a deer was going to jump out and he didn't...

Here's another cop vs. deer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YIBIQ_n7w I don't think anyone won...

Back
Top Bottom