Car Thread!

Yeah, I definitely have to keep it under 20k though. The SRT-4 is clearly the best value, but I'm worried about reliability.
I gotta admit, I love my dads subaru. His is only the regular H-4 model, not the turbo H-4 or anything, he wanted some mileage with sporty looks, and some get up and go. It doesnt have instant off the line power, but as soon as it gets up to 3 grand, it sets you back in your seat a little. Great car.

Honestly, subarus are probably up there with the little BMWs they just arent recognized quite as much, as they are a newer brand, and dont have as big a price tag.

Well let's see...

According to fueleconomy.gov, here's some numbers:
Pontiac GTO - 18MPG combined (V8)
G35/350Z - 20MPG combined (V6)
SRT4 - 22MPG combined (turbo 4cyl)
WRX - 20MPG combined (turbo 4cyl)

So really, I'm not seeing much difference here unless I go with the SRT-4.
How big is that V8? I've heard the mustang 5.0 can get 20+ and like 27mpg on the highway. With a stick. But Mustangs are drag cars, and are too common.

All of the above :p

Haha a balance pretty much. I'd rank it like this though, from most to least important:
Speed
Reliability
Looks
Fuel Economy

The Infiniti G35 is actually surprisingly cheap used. An '05 can be found for like 10k, with a 6 speed manual and 298 bhp.

You cant have all tho :D dont get the GTO tho there selling real cheap cause of gas. I actually love the G thats gonna be my next car most likely the newG37 is secks!

10k is to cheap tho?

For a little increase in mileage, you could pick up a 4.0 SOHC FX4 ranger, and throw an M90 supercharger in there. Then a tuner, and your mileage will be around 20+ with about the same cajones as the GTO, and much better looks(IMO, lol) and you will have plenty of get up and go, you can look over all those focuses, civics, and GTOs with your higher ride hieght, and when some punk is bragging about his "20s" you can walk up and go, "Oh yeah, I'm riding on 31s"

Lol, I think I'll stick with a car.

The V8 in the '05 GTO is the LS2 Corvette engine, 6.0L.

What do you guys think about G35 vs. 350Z?

They're pretty much the same to me. I like older Z-cars better. But I'd certainly drive either. There's a plethora of parts available for each. It would just come down to styling and weight differences, which are probably very similar.

Lol, I think I'll stick with a car.

The V8 in the '05 GTO is the LS2 Corvette engine, 6.0L.

What do you guys think about G35 vs. 350Z?

The G is more for DD and its more flexible, they both have the same engine just different final gears and gear ratio. Looks I like the G35 better, plus u could get some bitches in teh back while the 350z is a no no.

Hmm...the '05 G35 coupe got bumped up to 298hp. If I could find one of those for a decent price I'd probably go for it.

17 city / 24 highway isn't great gas mileage, but it's not horrible for the power.

They're pretty much the same to me. I like older Z-cars better. But I'd certainly drive either. There's a plethora of parts available for each. It would just come down to styling and weight differences, which are probably very similar.

I agree. 240Z FTMFW! :D

So I got my new tires today. General Grabber AT2. I'll get some pics up tommorrow after I mount and balance them. And I'll get the video from my burnout. My friend cut a little way into it though, cause there were pieces of blacktop flying out or something, and he was only like 8ft from the tire that was smoking. But it burn right into the slurry coat they had put on the road a couple years ago. Like 1/2 inch into the blacktop, it was crazy.

But at first my tires wouldnt brake traction, so I pulled forward and inch or nineteen, and it work, the one broke free, and smoked real nicely. Left a deep black burnout. It was fun.

Bored at work pic from yesterday.

1219570032.jpg

Back
Top Bottom