Overclocking an E8600

A couple of updates

........ 4.0GHz ........................ 4.25GHz

If you wish to try Intel Burn Test click HERE to download.

Unzip, open the folder, double click the "Intel Burn test" icon, select your preference (as described below), select stress level (for full evaluation select 1), select number of tests (preferably at least 10 but also up to as many as you have time to run). Time taken per test depends on the amount of memory your system has, the more memory the longer the test, my 2GB takes around 15 minutes for 10 tests.

Error correction on > y will give the output shown, error correction on > n will give test by test results with no advisory.

This is more intense than Prime95 so keep an eye on your temps.

4.50GHz at under 1.40v is proving elusive, I'm undecided whether to pursue it any further tbh

:(

I was really quite certain 4.5GHz was achievable with a reasonably low vcore, it makes me sad that it isn't a happening thing.

I guess I should be happy with what I have.

How's the coincidence, I haven't been here for months and when I do show up I see a thread of mine ressurected.

Hi dragotron, welcome to the forum.

I won't beat around the bush, the 650i chipset was known to be an average chipset for overclocking so I don't fancy your chances of anything major, that said you "should" be able to hit 4.0GHz at or about stock volts so stock cooling "should" be OK.

Just remember not all chips are created equal. I have two E8600's at present and they both respond differently to overclocking.

What is the VID of your chip?

Also if you do intend pushing it I'd recommend looking into an aftermarket cooler, I still think the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is one of the best coolers around and pretty decent bang for buck these days.

I'll check back in a day or so to see if you've replied

Cheers

:)

thanks.. I actually made a mistake I have an e7200 I Ocd it from 2.53 to 3.2 and it seems pretty good with stock cooling.... i'm thinking of trying a bit more...

thanks.. I actually made a mistake I have an e7200 I Ocd it from 2.53 to 3.2 and it seems pretty good with stock cooling.... i'm thinking of trying a bit more...

you should do what folder did at the begining of the thread and run prime95 for an hour, it would be the best way to make absolutely sure its stable

Back
Top Bottom