Help needed! (hdd/installing windows)

Lost4468

Beta member
Hi, my laptop hard drive recently broke (IDE 80gb 2.5") SO I have purchased a new one. After putting it in I insert the windows XP CD go through it all, format it, then it copy's the files, then tells me its going to reboot. After reboot it just goes back to the start of the windows CD and asks what I would like to do, basically the same as it said before If i try to install it then I just go in a loop of what I just explained... Is the a human error or computer? How should I fix it?

Yes I tried that, then it says something about Ethernet and to make sure cables are connected, it will say this until I put the CD in.

Have you tried to do another format and re-install after it came up as there maybe a problem with the first one or the disc maybe corrupt.

When the computer boots which the disc in, normally it says " press any key to boot from cd" , in which case don't press anything the second time around, it will boot to your hdd.

When the computer boots which the disc in, normally it says " press any key to boot from cd" , in which case don't press anything the second time around, it will boot to your hdd.

Booting to the hdd tells me to boot to the cd and it wont let me boot until I put it in then it goes to the CD.

Back
Top Bottom