What would you guys do?

after conducting our own tests we've found that a single eVGA G92 core 8800GT 512mb superclocked card performs ON PAR with the radeon HD4850. there are only a few tests that involve HDR that the HD4850 shines, as of the time of writing i cannot recommend the HD4850 vs the 8800GT 512mb. if you want to spend the extra cash get a 9800 GTX+, HD4870 or GTX 260. i'm being provided with a GTX 260 for review purposes and will report back to you on the issue. if i were you i would avoid multi-GPU setups altogether because of the known issues with micro-stuttering, multiple monitor displays, driver issues, motherboard issues etc. get one good card and don't look back.

yeah, it turns out that my PSU cant run SLI well, so i guess i will just upgrade the rest of my system that was bottleneccking my 8800GT.

uhhh.. .didnt you see my Sig?
the board you posted is the one i currently have, i told my friend that i am not going to do the board swap anymore.
and isnt a single 8800GT better than 2 2600 pro?
and i never heard of the brand of PSU either, i paid the same price for that for my OCZ 500W, and it seems that the OCZ is a pretty good quality PSU.

EDIT - oh yeah, i was looking at some benches of the 8800GT, and i was wondering why i am not getting that kind of FPS, my guess is my CPU, but in order to get the best out of the 8800GT, whats specs "should" i have? IE CPU clock, amount of ram, etc.

meh i was just throwing ideas out there if you don't want to board swap your card is fine now, id just update the cpu and wait youll need more then 200 t oget another card and psu.

i was about to get the 5400+ BE and the OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF and OC the 5400+
or should i also get another 2GB of ram instead of the 5400+ and get the OZC and OC my 4800+?
i kinda want to have some money left over just in case something in my system goes wrong.

EDIT - Kind of funny... i want my computer to be all good to be able to play any games, but yet, i only play about 5 hours of games on my PC a week, i usually just use it for normal multitasking daily use.
although, it would be nice to be able to run the new NFS Undercover game thats coming soon with max settings and 16X AA on.
i cant even run GRID normally with 4X AA on, i need to lower it to 2X when i max everything else, i seem to lag....

I have XP pro right now, but i am about to do a dual boot so i play games on Vista, and daily use on XP.

EDIT - Okay... i am having quite a hard time finding some benches for the 8800GT (G92).... anybody want to help me find one?

Back
Top Bottom