Car Thread!

Whats with all the Ford haters here? Most Ford haters are truck people, lol. Never really scene so much brand loyalty in the small car section.

But as far as trucks go, Ford makes the best suspension, drivetrain, and frame. Dodge has the Cummins, and Chevy has the allison trany.

Small cars, mustang still has a live axle, so thats one thing Ford has got going for its drag car.

And, Ford makes the GT + GT40, no other american super cars made.

I see two problems... 1. Its a Chevy 2. Its a 327
If you HAVE to have a chevy... at least put a 455 in there, lol.

sad i thought i put the 383 stroker model my bad lol thats wha t i meant.

Sin_After_Sin said:
If it's horse power you want there's only one way to go. Mopar. Chrysler hemi.
Maybe if you want horsepower that sits in your driveway broke down :p

superman22x said:
Whats with all the Ford haters here? Most Ford haters are truck people, lol. Never really scene so much brand loyalty in the small car section.

But as far as trucks go, Ford makes the best suspension, drivetrain, and frame. Dodge has the Cummins, and Chevy has the allison trany.

Small cars, mustang still has a live axle, so thats one thing Ford has got going for its drag car.

And, Ford makes the GT + GT40, no other american super cars made.
I agree with the ford hating part of that, but not with the list you made of who has what.

The Cummins diesel is very loud and has less HP and torque than Chevy's Duramax.

2008 Chevy Silverado 3500HD (6.6L Duramax) 365HP & 660lb.-ft torque
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (6.7L Cummins) 350HP 650lb.-ft torque

Ford's Powerstroke has the same HP and torque as the Cummins, but at 6.4L

Also, the GT is not worth the price they list it at by any means, especially the engine. The Corvette is on the same level in the engine dept. and it is less than half the cost of the Ford GT.

:p Some would say I take too good of care of my vehicle. Perhaps it is your luck. I have never really heard of dodge/chrysler of being reliable vehicles.

In my time I've owned 1 AP5, 2 AP6 Valiants with the slant 6. VC & VE Valiant with the 273 V8. VG 245 Hemi, VH 265 Hemi, VH Charger 340 V8. All excellent vehicles. Couldn't kill either of them and believe me I tried. But the 1977 CL Valiant with the 318 Fireball was a piece of shit. However, the 1966 Dodge Phoenix 360 V8 pissed on all of them. I really don't think luck is the factor here. The only one I had trouble with was the CL.

Maybe if you want horsepower that sits in your driveway broke down :p

I agree with the ford hating part of that, but not with the list you made of who has what.

The Cummins diesel is very loud and has less HP and torque than Chevy's Duramax.

2008 Chevy Silverado 3500HD (6.6L Duramax) 365HP & 660lb.-ft torque
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (6.7L Cummins) 350HP 650lb.-ft torque

Ford's Powerstroke has the same HP and torque as the Cummins, but at 6.4L

Also, the GT is not worth the price they list it at by any means, especially the engine. The Corvette is on the same level in the engine dept. and it is less than half the cost of the Ford GT.
That is true. In the way of reliability though, the Cummins is the best, even hardcore chevy fans I know and Ford fans, will say in order from greatest to crapiest it goes Cummmins>Powerstroke>Duramax

The Ford GT is not made for going in a straight line like the Vette, the GT is a Super car, the Vette is not. The GT has 550hp in 5.4L the Vette has 630hp in 6.2L. Thats a twinturbo, the GT only has a supercharger. The GT is made for circuit/track racing, not straight line daily driving.

There was 0-200-0 track test with the GT, Viper, Vette, Saleen, and Lambo Murciolago. The GT took first, the Vette couldnt finish. This was a 800hp Vette with a twinturbo setup. More total money in the Vette then total in the GT if I remeber correctly. The GT is a great car, and like I said, the only american Super car. That is until the Aero Ultimate came out. So the Gt40 had that title for like 50years, lol.

Back
Top Bottom