Should we get a MacBook Air for our 8 year old daughter?

My wife and i were thinking - we have to buy a new Macbook Pro but because we can't wait and didn't want to buy the current model we were thinking of buying the MacAirBook for the daughter.

We would then give her Macbook Pro to my wife to use. I already have one myself which is the Alienware m15x.

Do you think it is a good idea for us to get our eight year old daughter the best Mac Air Book? Will it be too flimsy for her? The MacAirBook felt really flimsy - i have tried talking my wife out of wanting one for the past 4 months already.

We ended up with an Alienware m15x which back fired on me - the hinges broke off damaging the LCD cover and the computer cover aswell as the AlienFX lights no longer operable.
you dont have to buy her anything
the kid already has a macbook pro
and by the sounds of it these people dont look after things seeing as they managed to just break an expensive alienware laptop , things obviously have no value to them at all
We guard our daughter with our lives.
well then stop screwing her up by buying her expensive crap she really dont need , when that kid grows up she will have no comprehension of the value of money

people like that really annoy me because they think they are being good to their children but in relaity the kids gonna grow up screwed up

and by the sounds of it these people dont look after things seeing as they managed to just break an expensive alienware laptop , things obviously have no value to them at all
The m15x is actually a poor notebook to begin with. There's a bunch of problems with build quality.

The m15x is actually a poor notebook to begin with. There's a bunch of problems with build quality.

ive heard a lot of alienware lines suffer bad build quality considering price but even so it shouldn't break in the way he described after only 4 months of usage sureley ? i mean if i paid that much for a laptop i would look after it pretty well seems they just have no value of money

wow well i had heard about build quality issues but didnt realise they where that bad , and considering the price of the laptop i would not be happy if i bought one of them for that price and it came with cracks

what the frick does a 8 year old do with a frickin macbook air? i already know, nothing except play stupid games on little kiddy sites....i wanna punch all those people in the face..even the dumb 8 year old. wow

You can cut cake with a Macbook Air. Probably reason enough to get it for an eight year old girl.

These people need to put their credit cards away, their daughter is probably going to grow up into another Paris Hilton.

...but my daughter doesn't even play games on her Mac book Pro, she only use it to play My Doll Game where she could dress up her doll character online.
That's what the 8 year old will be doing with the brand new $3k notebook...

That's ridiculous. We didn't even have a computer in the house that was any bit decent when I was 8, just some crappy old IBM desktop that we played DOS games on from time to time. Heck, we didn't even have a modern PC in my house until I was 12. I survived... And I wondered what kids that age needed a cell phone for...but a notebook in general? Why does she need a notebook for school if she will be playing a doll game. And the school basically requires a Mac or something... Apparently she will be bullied if she doesn't have the "best" equipment to play her doll game... Seriously, if my dad bought me a new notebook, I'd be content with something like the EEE PC. I know that wouldn't happen, and that's ok because I like that I've bought all my own stuff, not my parents. If she absolutely needs it, the EEE PC should be all she needs...if I needed a notebook to carry around a lot, that would be one my my biggest choices.

Spoiling her, and keeping her away from meeting other people. Nice parents.

Back
Top Bottom